The 2012 coffee hedge harvest has begun

Regular-ish readers of this blog will remember that one of my grand not-at-all-nefarious plans for our front hedge is to replace the mock orange with coffee. It’s going reasonably well so far – two large plants, one medium and one small:

The Hedge

There’s still a mock orange in there (on the right), and the rest of the hedge is just out of shot on the right. I’ll get to it in the next few years.

Just after lunch, C and I went to harvest the first lot of cherries and got about 20-21g:

While we were picking them I noticed that there were several others that appeared to have withered on the branch, and I’m rather annoyed about it. I need to figure out what is going on with them, whether it’s a disease or infestation… I certainly don’t want it spreading!