Another (blog) engine change

Last year I wrote that I was changing my blog engine. I've made another engine change over the last few days, to Nikola . The primary driver of this change is that Solaris' shipping version of Go is quite behind the version required by Hugo and that has an impact on my ability to work on it if I desired.

Another reason is that I've been working on a work-related post or two lately, which I'm posting on this blog since they are for work that I've done which build on $DAYJOB.

In the end, the choice came down to Pelican or Nikola and the relative effort involved in translating Hugo 's gallery format into something else. The effort in translating my Markdown-formatted files into ReSTructuredText is pretty minimal, it will just take time.